During Sharing Time this afternoon...
Me: You really need to sit in your chair quietly.
Sunbeam: hmmmpfff! (sitting down quietly but not exactly willingly)
Me: Thank you.
Sunbeam: (gently squeezing my arm with both hands with a mischievous grin - but doing it rather quietly)
Me: What are you doing?
Sunbeam: Squishy!!
Me: (in my head - not really what I want to hear but the child is still being fairly quiet and is still sitting in the chair which is quite an accomplishment)
Sunbeam: Squishy!!
Me: Okay - well then why don't we just sing with the group now.
Yup, it's STILL funny!
ReplyDeleteHee hee! :)
That reminds me of a similar experience that I'm SO glad no adults saw. I taught English to a set of four-year-old Chinese triplets when I lived on the west coast. For each of the three tutoring sessions, I sat on a daybed with a kid and read together for a half hour or so. One day, the boy (he had two sisters), who always liked to cuddle in close, reached over and contemplatively squeezed my breast. He said, "I like this!" and then nestled back in. I was speechless. But what could I do? I recomposed my startled mind, said something vague, and kept tutoring.
ReplyDeletethat is pretty much the greatest story ever...i'm totally laughing out loud at a conference i'm supposed to be paying attention at...
ReplyDelete