1.03.2009

favorite christmas quote

I spent this Christmas with the Tippets family. After the traditional dinner at IHOP with funny face pancakes, reading of the Christmas story, and opening of one Christmas gift all the girls went to bed and the adults went to finish wrapping/constructing gifts. About 11 pm I found Eve (age 4) in the hallway rubbing her eyes. When I asked why she wasn't in bed asleep she answered in total seriousness..."I think I had too much fun!".

What is a girl to do - this was a dilemma. I asked what she usually did when she couldn't sleep and she answered that she usually just stayed up. I realized that this is exactly what I do (often to the detriment of my health) but then she came up with a solution for her sleeplessness - she would be able to fall asleep immediately in my bed. So after a quick conference with her mother to get permission into my bed she went and immediately fell asleep.

1 comment:

  1. That's totally funny. I love how little kids minds work. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete