11.16.2011

getting a head start on New Year's resolutions

I am a blogger.
This may (or will) surprise anyone who reads this because really to be considered a blogger one should be somewhat consistent about it. But here is the thing... I do blog regularly (almost daily) but it is simply in my head.

(The amount of conversations that take place in my head are utterly scary at times. At present I have a pretty good novel being written in my head during my commute. Writing it in my head means that I don't ever have to tie up any of those annoying loose ends or fix any contradicting plot lines which is very handy.)

Back to blogging...it is just to much trouble to actually get to a computer and actually post something. I am slightly better at posting on facebook but really if everything I mentally posted went on facebook it would be a lot. I promise. This is ironic considering that between work and home I spend roughly 12-14 waking hours a day within reach of a laptop, desktop or smartphone.

I have spent some time lately thinking about why I don't post. #1 Fear of being judged for what I have written #2 thinking no one cares about I have written (I have somewhat conquered this fear in personal journaling but sometimes it still wins out.) #3 Forgetfulness - many of my posts are composed while driving and while I could probably buy an app that would transpose my speech into text and post them for me that would take way too much attention away from navigating through the never-ending construction site of I-15. By the time I get home or to work my brain has moved on. #4 Once I have a conversation with someone about something I feel like I can no longer post about it. Yeah, it doesn't really make sense to me either.

So I am making a goal to post with a bit more regularity and see how it goes maybe in January I will make that into a more concrete, measurable goal. And to blog for me (not an audience going back to #1, #2, and #4). It doesn't really matter how many people read it. Some posts will have news, some will be funny and many will just ramble.

No comments:

Post a Comment